Best clip-in hair extensions 2022: For fine to short hair
If you’re looking to add length, body, and volume to your hair, clip-in extensions are the fastest way to do it.
The pre-cut bands snap onto sections of your own hair at the roots and can easily be installed and removed for special occasions, holidays, weddings and any time you want to change up your hairstyle.
There are also plenty of options to buy from, ranging from 100% real human hair to synthetic styles, and ready-made curls to sleek, straight locks that can be clipped in and styled with the rest of your hair.
Typically, clip-in extensions are available from 16 inches up to 28 inches, weighing between 70g and 200g, with each strip often referred to as a weft. The width of each clip-in extension also varies, from 1.5 to 6 inches, 7 inches or 8 inches.
We’ve spent the last few weeks testing a range and found the sets to be worth the investment, covering different lengths, weights and budgets. Rating each on how easy they are to clip in, maintain, and style, these are IndyBest’s top-rated clip-in extensions.
The best clip in hair extensions for 2022 are:
- Best overall – Beauty Works Deluxe Clip In Hair Extensions: £148, Beautyworksonline.com
- Great for adding volume – Foxy Locks Seamless Silk Volumizer: £75, Foxylocks.com
- Ideal for highlighted hair – Hair Rehab London original clip-in hair extensions: £119.99, Hairrehablondon.com
- Great for adding length – Milk and Blush seamless clip in hair extensions – deluxe set: £94, Milkandblush.com
- Best budget option – Lullabellz thick 16 inch 1 piece curly clip in hair extensions: £18, Lullabellz.com
- Ideal for adding length and volume – Easilocks Megan Bouncy Blow HD Fiber Hair Extensions: £59.99, Easilocks.com
- Best Wavy Hair Clip In Hair Extensions – Cliphair wavy full head remy clip in human hair extensions: £95, Cliphair.co.uk