Tips for taking care of your hair extensions or weaves
A weave is a hair extension inserted into human hair by sewing, gluing or clipping.
According to un-ruly.com, weavings have been around since 3400 BC. AD and are from Egypt.
They can cost a few a lot of money, depending on the quality and length.
Weaves have many benefits, including:
– Weaves give you the flexibility to change your style.
– Weaves can save you money because you buy it once and can rock it often.
– They require little maintenance.
– Weaves help protect your hair from heat damage.
– For those with hairline issues, weaves can conceal areas of thinning.
READ: Why hair treatment is important
However, whatever weave you have, it is important to know how to take care of it.
Let’s see some tips to take care of your weave:
– Shampoo your weave every 7-14 days. This will give it a fresh look and also help keep your scalp clean.
– Deep condition your hair with every shampoo and cover with a towel and let air dry. Blow drying is not advised as it can damage your weave due to the constant application of heat.
– Hydrate your weave with an oil-based serum to keep it looking shiny, vibrant, manageable and easy to style.
– Use a flat brush to brush your weave. Brushing your weave helps make it less tangled. Avoid using fine-toothed combs as this can break the hair.
– Wrap your hair in a silk or satin bonnet before going to bed at night. This will help keep it untangled.
– Make sure your hair and scalp are protected by moisturizing with hair food or moisturizer. Failure to do so could cause your scalp to itch and ruin your weave.
LOOK: 25 super quick and easy hairstyles for work
Image courtesy of Instagram/ @Tetiana Kolubai